Counting my Blessings




It was 5:45pm and I was sitting in the latest most exquisite saloon in this state of harmony, waiting for my regular hair stylist to come do some magic to my hair for the weekend . I swim in countless thought as I began to open the pages of my life one after the other. Some thought brought smiles to my face, while some almost put me on the verge of dropping tears, not minding the professional make up my indebted friend (Omoslin) helped me with that evening.  Thoughts of Papito's exit engulfed me and I couldn't help but shed those tears.
Fast forward to some hours later. Alas, it is 12:00am 30th March, 2013. As calls began to rush in from friends who wanted to drop a wish, say a prayer or sing a song (many of my friends became Davido and Tiwa Savage overnight) I dashed for my noted pad.
Life
Life Life Life !!!! Not many are lucky with the journey of life!!  It is different strokes for different folks.  As some regret being born, some others are cool with their lot, it is what you make out of your situation that counts. Life is a journey  in which every one has his/her own story to tell.  Some people's journey  get cut short which is the reason why we should live our best each passing day because ones an individual is off , he/she can't come back to change things.
As I flow in my thought, I take a closer look at the young lady that I have grown into. A grown adult who is accountable to God for her actions and in-actions. As usual, I began to ask myself the regular questions. What type of foot prints will I leave in the sands of time? Will I leave this world with no regrets? Will people have good thing to say of me?

Sweethearts, there should always be something to leave behind so that you won't be forgotten. It ought to be POSITIVE things, stuff  that you should be proud of. Things your friends, family, kids and anybody that comes across your names when you might have gone should smile at and say " He/She LiVed a GreAT LiFe"

Yeah, its Presh+1 and in this journey of life, I have lived it this far because of God's mercy, grace and love. I can never thank God enough for the gift of life which he graciously blessed me with.

For the world best parents he blessed me with.  I couldn't have asked for any better set of parents than my late dad and my living mum ,who has always stayed strong since his best friend’s  exit. This small space cannot speak of the goodness of my parents to me. They gave me hope beyond belief. They are my strength. My love and adoration for my dad is  infinite. And I miss him sorely. Mumito, I thank you for what you have taught me, for always listening to me and for just being the best friend ever. Mum, never forget how much you are loved and what an incredibly beautiful woman you are!

How about the most wonderful siblings I am surrounded with, thanks for sharing the family bond with me .. To my Keme (buzo), you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. My numerous mentors, who inspire me in different ways helping me to be a much better lady, Gracia. Friends?  I am blessed with wonderful ones, Omoslin, I will always remain indebted to you, Gekky best twinny ever(kisses as we celebrate), in short you guys are too numerous to mention but all I say is thanks for friendship. My gratitude will not be complete if my queen of Zamunda is absent, thanks for allowing me into your world sis,  I will always be a true #RDlover. To Nabby and Diddy who inspired me into writing about life in celebration of my birthday, Thanks for always being here !!!

With a smile, I pose for a picture with the shout of cheeeeeseee !!! Yipeeeey!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts